Sunday, May 29, 2016

How Airport Tranfer and Transportation Services Made Me Decisive in Allocating Budget


It was August 2015 when I finally had a chance for a much-awaited summer break that I deserve. I decided to book my flight earlier during that year to make sure I can have a cheap flight going to Singapore to visit my sister working as a nurse.

August marks the summer season in Japan. Therefore, it is also the start of summer vacation for students. As an English teacher, it is one of my few chances to treat myself to a very well deserved vacation after dealing with several “monster parents,” the type of people who makes my life a living hell in the land of the rising sun. 

My sister never fails to boast about her booming career in one of the most progressive countries in this generation. She even bragged about their Changi Airport, being the “best in the world.”  I have yet to see it for myself to truly believe that remark, I say.

My 7-hour flight from Haneda to Changi Airport was a bit exhausting; I arrived around 10:20pm and was greeted by my sister whom I haven’t met for over 2 years and a half. At this stage, despite my exhaustion from the flight, I am really overjoyed to finally spend this time with her again. Interestingly, I never failed to appreciate how beautiful and majestic this airport is. Undoubtedly, for four consecutive years, you wouldn’t be surprised as to why it has been tagged as the best airport there is.

Several months before my flight date, we already booked a hotel at Hotel Jen Orchard Gateway Singapore, it was a bit pricey but worth all the bucks due to the high class amenities. Also, what I highly commend about their services is the hassle-free airport transfer. Not to mention the accessibility of the hotel location to the famous Orchard Road.

Knowing my impatience to certain circumstances, my sister suggested we take a bus service to roam around the city. At first, my reaction was like, “are you serious?! That would cost us a lot of cash and I’d rather go around the city commuting than paying a doubled amount!” She responded calmly yet sarcastically told me that she knows how thrifty I am that’s why she wouldn’t suggest such a stupid thing. She found a bus company offering a discounted price for their early bird customers. The price was at 60% off at that time so she never let it slip out!

One of the highlights of my trip was not only spending time with my beloved sister, but also being able to experience convenient and high-class service we have experienced from the hotel, airport transfers back and forth and the bus companies that offered such an affordable rate. It made me realize that these are key factors to consider before going on a vacation. I have a lot of miserable stories in the past while traveling due to my irresponsibility and thanks to my sister, such a big realization has been made, traveling would be hassle-free as long as you know how to plan ahead of time and be considerate of your options.


No comments:

Post a Comment